- National Grievance Mediation Panel, MREP, Inc., Chicago, Illinois
- Chartered Mediator, ADR Institute of Canada
- Mediator, Court of Arbitration for Sport, Lausanne, Switzerland
- Arbitration Panel Member: FMCS; AAA; Washington PERC; Oregon ERB; National Mediation Board
- Mediation Panel Member: United Airlines and Association of Flight Attendants, AFL-CIO; Southern California Gas Company and Utility Workers Union of America and International Chemical Workers Union, AFL-CIO; Mesaba Airlines and Air Line Pilots Association
- Permanent Arbitration Panel Member: Major League Baseball Players’ Association, Agents, Players & Agency Disputes; Major League Baseball and MLB Players’ Association Salary Arbitration; National Hockey League and NHL Players’ Association Salary Arbitration; United Parcel Service and Teamsters Local 2727; State of Oregon and SEIU Local 503 OPEU; NATCA and FAA, Alaska Region and Northwest Mountain Region; Alaska Airlines and AFA and IAM; Hawaiian Airlines and AFA; Kaiser Permanente and Oregon Nurses Association; Southwestern Bell Telephone and CWA; AT&T and CWA; Northwest Airlines and AFA; US Department of Labor and the National Council of Field Labor Locals, Seattle Region; California State University and California Faculty Association; PSEA and State of Alaska; PSEA and City of Fairbanks; Alaska State Employees Association and State of Alaska; Mesa Airlines and Air Line Pilots Association.
- Grievance Arbitrator under Canada Labour Code
- Unjust Dismissal Adjudicator and Wage Recovery Referee under Canada Labour Code
- British Columbia Collective Agreement Arbitration Bureau Roster
LABOR RELATIONS EXPERIENCE
- Facilitator, Joint Labor Management Committees: American Airlines and Association of Professional Flight Attendants; Southern California Gas Company and Utility Workers Union of America and International Chemical Workers Union, AFL-CIO; King County (WA) Joint Labor Management Committee
- Western Canada Regional Election Officer, Labourers International Union of North America
- Pacific Northwest Regional Election Officer, Laborers International Union of North America
- President, Resolutions International, Seattle, Portland, and Chicago
- Professor (adjunct) University of Washington, Central and Eastern Washington Universities, Antioch University
- Guest Lecturer, University of British Columbia and University of Victoria
- Contract Administrator, Washington Education Association, 1981-88
- Executive Director, Wayne County Michigan Education Association, 1979-1981
- Contract Specialist, Jackson County Education Association, Michigan, 1972-1979
OTHER DISPUTE RESOLUTION EXPERIENCE
- Dispute Resolution Trainer: American Airlines and Association of Professional Flight Attendants; United Airlines and Association of Flight Attendants; Southern California Gas Company and Utility Workers Union of America and International Chemical Workers Union, AFL-CIO
- Lecturer, Public Policy Dispute Resolution, University of Washington, Graduate School of Public Affairs
- Senator, State of Washington, 47th Legislative District, 1990-1994
- Mediator, Complex Public Policy Disputes, Washington
- Board Member, Group Health Cooperative of Puget Sound, Seattle
- Arbitrator, Better Business Bureau, Seattle
- Mediator, Office of the Superintendent of Public Instruction, Olympia
National Academy of Arbitrators (Board of Governors)
Arbitrators Association of British Columbia
Vice President, Mediation Research and Education Project, Chicago
Canadian Region (Region VII), National Academy of Arbitrators
American Arbitration Association
ADR of British Columbia, Member
- Ph.D., University of Michigan, 1985, emphasis: Labor Relations; Conflict Resolution
- M.L.S., Western Michigan University, 1975
- B.S., Wayne State University, 1971
- Alternatives in Dispute Resolution and Peacemaking, National Indian Justice Center, 1995
- Program for Senior Executives in State and Local Government, JFK School of Government, Harvard University, 1991
Bureau of National Affairs Labor Arbitration Reports:
- 107 LA 1119; 113 LA 374; 110 LA 753; 117 LA 1231
- The Double Helix of Theory and Practice: Celebrating Stephen J. Goldberg as a Scholar, Practitioner, and Mentor in Negotiation and Conflict Management Research, V. 13, No. 1, 2019.
- Collective Bargaining, Public Education and Public Policy in the state of Washington: Where have we been and where are we going? University of Oregon, LERC Monograph, Spring, 2001.
- Conflictive Partnerships under Collective Bargaining: A Neutral’s Perspective in Workplace Dispute Resolution, Directions for the 21st Century, Fall, 1997, MSU Press, E. Lansing, Michigan, Sandy Gleason, editor.
- Grievance Mediation: How to Make the Process Work for You in Labor Law Journal, V. 44, No. 8, August 1993.
- Exploring Non-Adversarial Bargaining and Grievance Mediation, University of Oregon, LERC Monograph, April 1990.
- Grievance Mediation of Contractual Disputes in Public Education in Missouri Journal of Dispute Resolution, Volume 1987.